About Travellers of North Cork
TNC (Travellers of North Cork) CLG. is a Traveller led human rights organisation, working in partnership with the settled community. We are committed to promoting a greater understanding of Traveller Culture and Traveller health needs.
We take a holistic approach to improving health outcomes for the Traveller Community by promoting better access to services and health care providers and creating greater opportunities for Travellers in North Cork.
TNC works with other groups locally and nationally to develop information, undertake research and to support initiatives that promote greater equality and access to services.
TNC want to see a community that respects Travellers’ Rights and Culture. A community where Travellers have a strong voice and any concerns raised by Travellers are listened to fairly. We want to see a community where Travellers can participate and have access to a range of opportunities and where services are delivered that meet Travellers’ cultural needs.
What We Do
Based on the findings of the All Ireland Traveller Health Study, the project works with the local Traveller Community to support them in addressing the issues that impact on their health and wellbeing.
Our Areas of Work
- Support for Traveller families to access health services and health information.
- Support for local Traveller groups in developing programmes of activities and identifying issues of importance to their communities.
- Representing Traveller issues on the LTACC (Local Traveller Accommodation Committee) and other groups that provide services to members of the Traveller community or who are working to improve access to services for Travellers e.g. UCC Traveller Justice and Equality Project, Regional Mental Health Group, SOAR project, etc.
- TCAT (Traveller Culture Awareness Training) – promoting and delivering training to groups/service providers.
- Supporting mental health initiatives and supports for families bereaved by suicide.
- Hosting information sessions/training, on a variety of topics e.g. Human rights, health, education, accommodation, Traveller culture, animal welfare, mental health, personal development, equality etc.
- Education, training and employment support.
- LGBTQI+ Traveller support
Meet the Team
Tel: 022 71035
Email: email@example.com Tel: 022 71035
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 022 71035
(Post vacant – contact our CHDW Anita)
Bridget O Brien
Email: email@example.com Tel: 022 71035
Margarita O Driscoll
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 022 71035
Email: email@example.com Tel: 022 71035
Traveller Leadership Group (Traveller only space)
Mallow 1: Ann Jones
Mallow 2: Katie O’ Shea
Charleville Women’s Group: Anita Toner
Doneraile Women’s Group: Noreen O Brien
Fermoy Women’s Group: Breda McDonagh
Mitchelstown Women’s Group: Caroline McDonagh
Ann Jones– Chairperson
Mary Conway – Secretary
Melissa O Brien – Treasurer
Katie O Shea
Dr Samantha Morgan Williams
Rachel O Brien